Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default VCR sometimes doesn't eject tape - several tries necessary

In article ,
says...
The RCA deck has had a problem for a while. It doesn't always eject the
tape. I press the eject button and I hear the mechanism kick in but the
tape doesn't eject. Until a couple weeks ago, it usually (not always!!)
ejected on the second press (the same sound happened both presses, but
the second time the tape came out). A couple weeks ago I had to press it
40-50 times before the tape finally came out. Annoying, especially
because the tape was due back at the library that day.

Slipping belt is most common. Also, dirty mode switch can
cause a variety of symptoms, as clutches and brakes must be
timed properly.