Posted to alt.electronics
Wombat-Pipex-News Wombat-Pipex-News is offline

Default Remote control question

Well how would yo uknow that one of the kids inthe crowd hadnt got a toy RC
car !
Crains work on a totaly different range. Yet they still have to have loads
of fail safes.
But feel free to use one. Send the vid to You tube so we can all have a
laugh at the outcome.
;-)

Why not have a simple counting circuit that fires each one off after
another.
You could have a remote kill switch. So atleast if the kids in the crowds do
send a stray singnal the worst that would happen is the thing would switch
off.
That would be pritty easy to do.

Regards
Wombat.

"SBFan2000" wrote in message
I knew I'd get one of these. I know the dangers but they are limited since
my closest neighbor is over a mile away and the electric connection would
not be made until 5 sec before the show!

Plus I'm planning on using one of the frequencys used for RC cars at low
power. And those closest neighbors or 80+ years old so I don't think
they'll be using that frequency at 10pm on July 4th.

And again, even with a stray signal, the receiver won't have power until 5
sec before the show. And the launch tubes are hundreds of feet away from
the crowd.

"Wombat-Pipex-News" wrote in message
"SBFan2000" wrote in message
I'm looking to have a box with 36 buttons (wireless) that sends a radio
signal to a transmitter box that would then "fire" the corresponding
circuit.

The last several years I've been doing a fireworks show with a 36 shell
finale. The last several years I've been doing it analog with 36 sets

of
wires, one set to fire each shell. I'm looking to have a box with the

36
buttons and LEDS and then when a button is pushed to have it fire the
shell.
I understand some basics but looking for the best and cheapest way to
do
this.

On the receiver end I'm probably looking to stay with 12 volt DC supply
powering one box that would have wire terminals not 36 separate boxes.

That would be dangeruse.
Similar ideas are used for controling industrial crains.
But its not that streight forward due to the dangers involved. Lots of
shielding a and safety precautions.
After all workers dont realy want a 30ton object being droped from a
great
height just because sombade was using a welder.
Plus firework displays would be making so many explosions you would

defently
triger one of the many trigers.
You would be best sticking to wires. Or make some kind of timing control
device.

Regards
Wombat.