Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Old guy Old guy is offline

Default Help I broke my lathe

Jim,

Maybe you are missing an opportunity here....

After you look at and price the Delta banjo, you might also price a new Jet
mini lathe. Is it move up time?

Old Guy
Hoping the Minnesota weather breaks so I can get some turning time

"MinnJim" wrote in message
ups.com...
I broke the base for my tool rest on an old rockwell/delta/homecraft. I
had the local machine shop weld it, but broke it again. I've tried
e-bay and several other searches, but have not found a replacement. The
number on the cast iron base is ddl171. This lathe is 50 something age
wise and all the new tool rest bases appear to be quite different. Can
anyone give me some insight as to a solution or somewhere I can find a
replacement. I have considered having the machine shop mill a slot in
a thick metal slab and weld(tap for threads) on a support for the tool
rest shaft. Has anyone tried this?
MinnJim

Pictures below (I hope)

http://picasaweb.google.com/imaskeland/BrokenLathe