Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES NO

On Dec 6, 8:40 am, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
Find me one report/link to an accident that didn't involve air
pressures greater than 150 psig or an explosive (oil) mixture.

One!The very first listing from googling "shop air explosion" revealed one occasion

where 140psi of air was accidentally put in a truck tire which then exploded,
killing the worker. No explosive mixture... just air pressure less than 150
psi.

That's not a shop-air explosion. That is an idiot overinflating a tire.
Using that barometer (I made a funny), I am sure there are many
air-related accidents.
Put 30 psi in your ears, and you'll get hurt. 5 psig through an
intravenous needle into your bloodstream and you're toast. How many
accidents have been reported where somebody has blown dirt into their
eyes? That happens all the time.

Compressed air can hurt you.

I want to see a report where it states that an air distribution line
exploded, pvc, copper. rubber... anything. My old shop has a large 3/4"
PVC airline distribution system. A dozen drops. Never had an issue for
20 years. Had a crimp come off a cheap airline once.. chased one of the
guys around the paintbooth real good.. he had some welts on the back of
his legs and a bruised ego..we had a huge laugh...(Could have been more
serious, we were lucky.. but you need full-tilt air to blow off dirt
particles)

With all due respect,