Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Newbie question - Wood for drawers

Dan wrote:
Hello --

I have in mind some projects whose size does not exceed One cubic foot.
I have noticed that several kits I have purchased have wood of 3/8 of
an inch or less in thickness. When I hit the area lumber yard, Such
stock is not in immediate evidence.

Both Home Depot and Lowes in my area carry "Hobby Boards" that are 1/2"
thick. I've seen Oak, Poplar and Pine. I've only bought a few of these
boards once, and I had to go thru the entire stack to find a few flat
ones - just like any other lumber at HD/Lowes.

Mike