Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default dumb question...from the new kid

Tue, Dec 5, 2006, 6:51pm (EST-3) (intuitiveart)
doth query:
So...what's the difference between a scroll saw and a jig saw?

Depends. On what part of the country you're in. Or, who you ask,
and how old they are, where they grew up, and their background. And,
probably several more things.

When I was growing up, the stationary tool called a scroll saw now,
I only heard called a jig saw. I've heard the powered, hand-held,
sabre saws called jig saws. The hand-held, hand-powered, coping saws,
I've also heard called jig saws; in fact I've heard them called scrolls
aws too, and fret saws. Like I said, depends.

Now, I only use:
Scroll saw, sabre saw, and coping saw.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.