Posted to alt.home.repair

Default State Farm Insurance vs knob & tube wiring

In article .com,
says...

State Farm Insures our home and never did the agent ask about knob and
tube wiring. Our home is 80 years old and we do have k&t, but only for
three ceiling lights and two outdoor porch lights. The remaining
electric is up to date. But never did State Farm ask about our wiring.
We live in a very small town if that makes a difference.

What state you're in may make at least as much difference.

Insurance is generally regulated at the state level, which means that an
insurance company has rating and underwriting rules that apply in one
state that may be quite different from those in a neighboring state, let
alone the far side of the country.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/