Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default I'm freezing!

"cndlane" wrote in message
news:4df35c0eb57880076dd5279d1d7fc9a7@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a Trane gas central H&C unit. The heat will not come on untill the
temp in the house gets below 50 degrees and will stop when it reaches 70.
No matter what I have my thermostat set at. I have had a service man come
and look at it. I have spent about $500 and the problem still exist. The
last time he came out he installed a reset switch on the outside of the
unit and said that when it cuts off I could go outside and reset it.
Well, that sucks.
Especially when you wake up a 2 am in the morning freezing. I asked him if
it could be the thermostat and he said no. The unit is about 17 yrs old.
He said I need a new unit. What do you think. Am I being Hoodooed or what?

The unit is only seventeen years old? Why, I have heard of those units
lasting eighty years. I think you're being hoodooed.

Steve