Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Fearn Don Fearn is offline

Default Walnut Box - Would appreciate some advice on finish, stain and sanding.

I think it was Eric Kent who stated:

The problem is I really suck when using poly. I either put it on too
thin and get areas where I miss or I put on too much and I get areas
of varying thickness. I've tried to let it set up a few days and then
sand, but the sandpaper gets all gummy. Maybe it needs a few weeks to
cure, I don't know. I was thinking of using the stain/poly combo. If
all I have to do it brush it on and then wipe it off I don't see how I
can mess that up. Advice/remarks/suggestions?

Latex poly. Minwax makes a good version.
--
"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice.
Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

-- Sidney Freedman