Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Weighing down trash cans

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote

Easy enough to test: Roll a heavy load of bricks or something similar and
see if they take them away. Either they do or they don't.

Remember, it's always easier to receive forgiveness than permission.

It's up to the driver and pitcher. At my house, we did a remodel. When the
trash men came, we gave them cold bottles of water and sodas. They backed
up to the trash pile, and we pitched sheetrock, trashed cabinets, lots of
stuff they probably wouldn't have taken if they had been just sitting there
alone.

A little bribery (and kindness) goes a long ways. My regular guys will take
just about anything I put out there. But I have to watch, because some of
the fill in guys are rather picky. But even the fill in guys are a sucker
for a bottle of water or a cold soda.

Steve