Posted to alt.home.repair
ap ap is offline

Default cleaning coils under the fridge

You mean walmart. And you went to the store, correct?
Again, can you check what it is called.

THANKS!

Tom The Great wrote:
On 30 Nov 2006 07:51:16 -0800, "ap" wrote:

Hello,
We have this side-by-side whirlpool refrigerator. Yesterday, we
attempted to clean the coils under the fridge, but could only reach
the front set of coils. There seem to be about 3 or 4 of them and
they are beyond my reach.

I have a long brush, but notice that it is unable to reach beyond the
first set of coils. Although it's long it's not thin enough to fit in
the 2nd and
3rd set of coils.

Is there a special device that is thin and long enough to reach to
all coils and also are they vacuum attachments?

I also attempted to vacuum, but couldn't reach beyond the 1st set of
coils.

THANKS!

IMHO: Two things come to mind and I have one.

1. There is a tv commercial for some long 'pipe cleaner' looking
toold that will go btween the coils of the fridge.

2. An attachment that is like a long 1" x 3/4" hose that will fit
back inbetween coils of the fridge. I have this, I picked it up at
wally-mart. It seems to work.

Just thinking out loud,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com