Posted to sci.electronics.repair
broken amp broken amp is offline

Default Sounds bad to me, rotel power amp won't click

Thanks for your comments.

The speakers are DIY and work on another amp. I think I would hear the
output click even with no speakers attached and I don't.

I wonder if it could be the 12V/signal trigger (set to bypass since I
don't have the preamp)

How do I find a circuit diagram for a rotel RB-1050?

Thanks,
Dave

p.s. The last setup with the amp was computer soundcard speaker out to
a 25Kohm stepped attenuator (another DIY) that I just finished, and a
set of crappy speakers that I could blow and not care about. Resistance
values on the attenuator checked out.
RB-1050 input overload is 1V/33kOhm, I think soundcard output is up to
~1V