Posted to chi.general,alt.autos.toyota.camry,misc.consumers.house
kenji kenji is offline

Default How to keep locks from getting frozen?

In article . com,
"USA1st" wrote:

kenji wrote:
In article , Ajanta
wrote:

For those of you out of Chicago, it is 12 degrees here tonight. How do
I keep the locks on our outside back-gate and car-door street parking)
from getting frozen?

Anything work better than WD-40 (which is all I can think of trying)?

I've got three house locks that are frozen right now too. I think it's
because
we had those really warm days last week, then torrential rains for a few
days
then it went arctic on us. Unusual weather pattern is to blame.

Later today I'm taking the lock sets off and bringing them inside to thaw
then
dry out then I'll reattach it all. It should be fine then.

Why not use a blow dryer on high heat and high fan....that should dry
them out.

because I would have to sit there for an hour

plans are to just put the locksets in the furnace register for 1/2 day