Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Does anyone make decent rechargeable batteries? (AA size)

One thing about rechargeable batteryies. The starting
voltage is not as high on the NiMH batteries as the
regular alkalines. So they seem to run down a lot
faster.

And beyond that I have started using Energizer E2
batteries. The set I put in the end of October
are still showing above 65% charge and I have been
through 2 parades and a fireworks display with them.
They have a very good life in cameras.

Bill Gill

Some digital cameras do not recommend using alkaline batteries.
The reason being that these cameras draw so much current that
the alkaline's voltage dips below the nominal voltage of the NIMH
reference.

Some cameras do not recommend Lithium batteries. The Lithium E2
battery supplies to much current at a higher voltage than the nominal
voltage of the NIMH reference.

Read the manufacturers manual on what batteries can be used and what
to expect from them. Use Eneloop if you can find them.