Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Does anyone make decent rechargeable batteries? (AA size)

On Tue, 05 Dec 2006 05:06:31 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Hi all,

I just recently bought myself a new digital camera, as my old one was
eating batteries. The new one worked fine for about a month or so of
occasional use, and then when the batteries that shipped with it wore
out I replaced them with a pair of Energizer NiMH rechargeables that had
been sitting on a charger in my room for about the same amount of time
(since I'd moved, anyway) my new camera is saying "battery depleted"
now which makes me think maybe old camera is actually OK (I stopped
using it because it would kill the batteries after only 3-4 pictures)
and just my batteries are Tango Uniform. But they are only maybe a year
old, what gives? Are alkalines really my only choice here? they don't
last very long in a digicam...

nate

Use a new NIMH battery technology. Just out are the Sanyo Eneloop
batteries. These are NIMH batteries without the self discharge problem
that all of former NIMH batteries have.

http://www.eneloop.info/ You can purchase them from Circuit City
They are not readily available at all retail stores.