Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Does anyone make decent rechargeable batteries? (AA size)

Nate Nagel wrote:
Hi all,

I just recently bought myself a new digital camera, as my old one was
eating batteries. The new one worked fine for about a month or so of
occasional use, and then when the batteries that shipped with it wore
out I replaced them with a pair of Energizer NiMH rechargeables that
had been sitting on a charger in my room for about the same amount of
time (since I'd moved, anyway) my new camera is saying "battery
depleted" now which makes me think maybe old camera is actually OK (I
stopped using it because it would kill the batteries after only 3-4
pictures) and just my batteries are Tango Uniform. But they are only
maybe a year old, what gives? Are alkalines really my only choice
here? they don't last very long in a digicam...

nate

Many chargers are of poor quality. The good ones charge each battery
independently. Assuming you are using AA batteries and you don't have a
charger that indicates when each cell is done, I suggest a new charger.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit