Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pet pee and underlayment

avid_hiker wrote:
Thanks, my moms home has same problem. I was going to replace it
all....but will try this first!!

No problem glad to help!

The story goes my mom stepdad and some of their dogs were
incontenient..... HOUSE STANK Step dad and dogs died, mom moved in
with me and fiance..........

I had a realtor / investor walk thru the home and asked what do I do?
He said outdoor poly floors and kilz on walls. reported he had done
this recently to a apartment complex he had recently purchased with 20
smelly units, all floors chip board.

nice guy who wanted listing but I fixed up house and rented it for near
8 years, then sold it and paid off our mortage .......

the odor trouble was completely cured and never returned in those 8
years, or the now ten years today.

the home buyer heard abourt the odor and had a special clause in the
sales agreement I was on the hook if odor returned, wasnt concerned
after 8 years it was GONE!

outdoor poly STINKS best to not be in area during project..........
summer with windows open is ideal or do while people are on
vacation.........