Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shelf Brackets

louisxiv wrote:

I want to put up a shelf of either MDF or Pine in my kitchen (approx W220cm
x D30cm x Thickness 2cm). I'm aiming to put up 3 brackets made from 3
vertical plates (3" x 3/4" timber) with fairly solid triangular shelf
supports (approx 1" thick) attached. My question is how do I create the
brackets, i.e. how do I attach the triangle supports to the wall plate and
when? Can I assemble these first by screwing through the wall plate into the
triangle or what? Sorry if this seems a dumb question but i'm stuck.
Any links appreciated, thanks in advance for any help.
xiv

its anything but clear to me what sort of wooden bracket design youre
aiming for. Maybe draw something?

Pine over mdf any day, seriously. MDF cant handle damp and drips.

NT