Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Lane Mike Lane is offline

Default velcro fasteners

Earlier this year before embarking on a longish holiday abroad with the
car, I had the idea of using Velcro pads to fix a few small objects in
the car so that they could be conveniently to hand.

This worked very well until I got into hot sunny conditions, when the
velcro adhesive just melted - I would guess that it's only good up to
about 60 °C. I believe Velcro (or someone) do a high temperature
version of their hook & loop pads, but I don't think it's normally sold
to the public. At any rate I've been unable to find anywhere to buy it.

One solution might be to use a non-adhesive velcro (of the kind used in
outdoor clothing) and my own adhesive to stick it down. So my question
is, what is a suitable adhesive? I want something that is:

a) suitable for a vinyl car interior

b) good up to about 100 °C,

c) able to stand vibration,

d) (ideally) removable from vinyl with a suitable solvent

Any suggestions?

--
Mike Lane (UK North Yorkshire)
To contact me replace invalid with mike underscore lane