Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Outlets -- which way?

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 08:04:38 -0500, "jerryl"
wrote:

"Don Fearn" wrote in message
.. .
Is there a "right" way for wall outlets to face?

I remember when I had a house built on Long Island. All the grounds were
pointed down except one outlet in every room. When I asked the builder why
he told me that this was his electricians way of pointing out the outlets
that were switched on and off by a wall switch.

Another way to use this trick is in the kitchen. Put them in one
direction for one circuit and put them facing the other for the other
circuit.

This will tell you which outlets you can use if you are using two high
wattage kitchen appliances at the same time.