Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet Leonard Caillouet is offline

Default Sharp LCD projector -- yellow tint?

"DaveC" wrote in message
news.net...
Thus spake :

I've had a similar case where the cause was the lamp. Replaced it and
the dull yellow image bightened and white showed as white. The seller
or his technician may have reset lamp timer without replacing the lamp.
Don't believe the "remaining hours" reported and expect an implosion
soon if u continue to use the old lamp.
Jango

Is this something that is simple to diagnose? I mean, upon examination
with
the naked eye would the lamp, or the LCD, or the polarizer filter show in
an
obvious way that it is the culprit?

The lamp is simple. The optical path requires significant disassembly then
it is simple. The problems are easily visible once you can see the parts.

Leonard

It has removed 14979 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!