Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Ping Charles or Leo

On 3 Dec 2006 01:03:12 -0800, "
wrote:

Don't know what you are using, or what you're doing, but as you force
the metal to the form you have to support the backside to keep it
upright, and keep straitening the metal by bringing both the forming
tool and the back stick out to the edge, if you don't do this the metal
will fold and you will have to start over with a new piece of metal,
but don,t keep going back and forth to much or you thin the metal to
much at the foot.

Maybe that's the problem- I'm not going all the way out to the edge,
just forming as I go. It's as good a thing as any to try at this
point, anyhow! Thanks for the idea.

also while moving the metal to the form, support the backside to keep
the metal from bulging ,make sure you have enough lubrication, and like
with all these things, practice and practice some more.
It's not that hard when you know what your doing, but it isn't easy
;--)))

Will do- I've been on this like a bulldog, and I'm going to keep after
it until I can do it right!