Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default metal studs in partition walls?

AA wrote:

I was tring to hang a mirror in my bathroom but my detector revealed
metal running vertically. Tried a different wall - same story. Tried
putting up some shelving and a pattern began to emerge - I think the
partition walls have metal "studs" or framework.
Looking under the shower tray I can see the metal coming down at the
base of the plaster board at intervals.

I was surprised - is this common in dometic buildings? (this is a brand

yes

new house by a relatively good quality builder). My main question is
whether it is safe to drill into these for support when fixinng

Some screws dont need a predrilled hole for this, just screw striaght
in.

NT