Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Laird John Laird is offline

Default John Lewis vs Ikea

wrote:
I decided on a suitable Roller Blind:
http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Ga...1/Product.aspx

The product I want is for a window width 118cm. It's around 40 (uk
pounds) from John Lewis.

I can't get to an Ikea (easily - no car). Would I save a lot by going?
Can't find blinds on the ikea website.

Choose a store - Textiles and Rugs, Curtains and Blinds, Blinds. Or
search for Tupplur. At £13.99, you will save a bit ;-) Alternatively
hike along to your nearest Argos and you should find something around
£15.

Of course, spending less than £100 on tools is the real challenge...

If your windows are wooden, it might be a lot easier to attach the
blind to the frame, or even the top of the window itself. You can make
a starter hole in softwood with a small awl which is just a sharp
pointy piece of metal (like a compass point). The one I use came with
a set of screwdrivers (one handle and interchangeable ends sort of
thing) - it's one of the most useful tools I own. This way, no drill
is required ! A spot of white filler will cover up the evidence when
you leave...

Otherwise, you are going to have to drill into the wall or "ceiling".
As it's not your place, I'd be wary of this, especially if you've not
done any diy before.

mum
Your room's untidy !
/mum

--
"Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven."