Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Removing small dents from wood

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:38:47 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

I'd go along with the suggestions of using the iron and steaming it -
that trick really has to be seen to be believed! - however IIWY I'd
investigate further whether this really is solid wood. Sounds unlikely
to me that it would be, but I'm no audiophile: maybe it's normal? But
anyhow, if it IS veneered chipboard I would think steaming would make a
total balls of it.

Before going with steam and heat, plain cold water, locally applied and left
(and watched) for a bit may work. Or at least give an indication if the method
will work at all - it won't if the water can't get to the wood because of
varnish, oil , wax... Steam will work, but may harm the finish so visibly that
you end up wishing you had left it alone.

Thomas Prufer