Posted to alt.energy.renewable,uk.d-i-y,uk.environment
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Siting of panels for solar water heating

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:30:34 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Then you would be welcome to visit and sort through my dustbin each week.

It would still be more efficient for you to do it.

No it wouldn't. My work time costs considerably more than what it
would cost for me to outsource it to a rubbish collection firm.

Have you asked for quotes?

Given that there is no impediment to your opting out of the public
waste service [1], just as you could opt out of public schooling or
health services, then you should be able to get lots of companies
who are interested, especially if they are passing your door anyway
on the way to industrial customers. I suspect that you will find the
quotes are very much lower if you sort the waste into bins for them.

[1] though it would be advisable to select a contractor who will
give you the appropriate paperwork, in case your waste is found
later scattered around the countryside.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh