catherine catherine is offline
Junior Member

Thanks very much to Mr Jordan for posting the reset instructions here!

After I had an overflow of my Ariston LSI61 built-in dishwasher and cleared the blocked filter, I found that the first light (overflow error) was blinking. After some fiddling with the buttons, I could select a wash cycle but for any cycle attempted, the machine refused to fill with water. The motor could be heard, and it would stay in the same state (without water) until switched off.

I couldn't get a repair engineer with my warranty out for 8 days - far too long to be without a dishwashwer so I thought I'd try to find a fix myself.

I found numerous postings on the web of people with similar problems but no reply other than the link to a site where you had to pay money and wait 14 days for reset instructions.

I followed the suggestion here, pulling my dishwasher out one inch to access the controls whilst the door is closed (necessary for entering the test modes), entering one of the test modes (I chose the long test) and back to the user mode. After the first few seconds of the test, I could hear the water running and the dishwasher filling. The test ran, and I entered user mode again. Now the dishwasher works!

Thanks again for these excellent instructions! This saved a service call and an 8-day wait!

Catherine