Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default 240V 4800W 30A thermostat available?

Get a cheap thermostat to control a 30A contactor relay designed with a
24vac transformer already mounted inside the box, or purchased separately.
--
-bye,
Rich

"Always do right - this will gratify some
....and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
"Toller" wrote in message

"G Mulcaster" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I'm going to use a 240V 30A 4800W construction heater to heat my
garage. I'm looking for a thermostat for it.

A Honeywell response to a query was: "Honeywell does not currently
offer a manual or digital thermostat that is compatible with 4800 W
30A 240 V".

The Dimplex website indicates their 900 series; for example, the TD932
are rated at 240V 5000W for non-inductive (?) use. Would this work?

Any recommendations for a 4800W capable manual or digital thermostat
would be appreciated.

I added them to my baseboard heater a few years ago, 20a/240v. Can't tell
you what they were, but they were not expensive or hard to find.