Harold & Susan Vordos

Default Please limit topics to metalworking

"Backlash" wrote in message
news
Whenever any of my young helpers through the years has asked me about

riding
motorcycles, I take them out to the loading dock, get them to look down at
the asphalt parking lot, and tell them to see whether they like riding a
bike, they must duct tape their hands behind their back and dive off
face-first onto the asphalt. If they like it, they are biker material.

RJ

Excellent advice as far as I'm concerned. I spent a few days in the hospital
back in '64 after being run off the road by a car. Long story, but I met
the asphalt with my head and shoulder. Luckily, I had a gut feeling about
wearing a helmet, which was almost unheard of at that point in time. It
kept me from far more serious injury, perhaps death. Lots of road rash. I
got back on what used to be a beautiful '63 TR6 Triumph a few times after I
had recovered, then I sold it.

Harold