Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] shane.london@yahoo.com is offline

Default I've had an idea. I'm a bit clueless

Alf wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi

Here are some photos of my window:

I have NEVER done any DIY before. I'm 19. First year at uni. Want to
learn to do things for myself

I did some research:

Help on installing roller Blinds - PDF file on :
http://www.homebase.co.uk/wcsstore/h...llerblind.html

I decided on a suitable Roller Blind:
http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Ga...1/Product.aspx

PLEASE - if you can spare a few mins, please help me out:

Q. Is it sensible for me to put up a roller blind? (I want to block out
light mainly)

Q. I need to purchase or borrow a drill (cordless drill? Hammer drill?)
I've seen on in Argos that has 'laser' guidance - seems like a good
idea for idiots such as myself (so I don't drill into the wrong place)

Q. What is the best position for me to put the blind up? (I dont need
it to 'look pretty'. I just want it to block out light)

Should I just hire someone to do it for me? ( I wish I could afford
to!)
(I rent so want to do it fairly discreetly. I can always remove the
blind when I leave so the landlord need never know)

I have to ask why you are even attending a university - how did you get
there. At 19 if you can't do things for yourself already then there is no
hope if you're realistic about it. Is this post for one of your psychology
studies? Post a stupid question, see who responds and then analyse the
results? Seen it all before, they all appear at the same time each year
together with the "help me to design" requests.

Dude, I like chicks and beer. I've got the rest of my life to figure
this stuff out.