Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Mastercraft Snowblower + Tecumseh Engine

wrote:
I just came across an old Mastercraft snowblower with a Tecumseh
engine. It won't start and I don't really know much about small engine
repair. I am planning to replace the belts and spark plug and see if
that works. I don't have a manual, but I do have the model number.
Does anyone know where to get a manual for an old machine like this??

If you have a Tecumseh that won't run, I'll bet you it's one of two
things. Gunk in the carburetor not letting fuel pass through, and/or a
sheared flywheel key. Also a dirty air filter will make it hard to
start, just take the filter off until you get it to fire, then when you
have it running good buy a new one.

For belts, you don't need a manual, just take the old belts to your
FLAPS and have them match them up by length.

good luck,

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.