Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Generators and Electronic Furnace Controllers

In article , "Rick Brandt" wrote:

Well that's good to hear. The next time (knock wood) I'll hopefully have fewer
problems. That'll be Murphy at work of course. Ameren claims these are the two
worst storms in their history as far as customers losing power and they happened
just a few months apart. Now that I'm prepared a little better my generator
will likely just gather dust.

Put some fuel stabilizer in the tank (Sta-Bil or something similar) and run it
for a few minutes before you store it -- we failed to do that after the last
time we used the generator about 2 years ago, and then last Friday when we
needed it, we couldn't get it started. :-( Took apart the carb, cleaned it
with solvent and then compressed air, reassembled... and all was well. But
it's a pain in the neck that could have been avoided with a stabilizer in the
fuel tank.

--
Regards,