Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to protect pipes if no heat?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone that interested in proving a point is hiding some sort of
benevolent agenda. "Don't listen to anyone else or the internet,
listen to me" screams 'control issue'.

But, I'm not a psychologist...so this is just my experience, I'm not
going to come back and start arguing that you're a "control freak"
simply because it's good form as I'm not a professional experienced in
fixing control freaks.

What????? :-) I'm not telling anyone NOT to garner advice on the web. I'm
saying it's not a good idea to ignore actual experience. This is the damage
done by the web: Fear of experimentation, failure to consider why a
non-standard technique may work, and a complete distrust of personal
experience. How did some people gather knowledge before the web existed and
there were no links to so-called experts, many of whom are no more "expert"
than you or I?