Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scottieyoon@yahoo.com is offline

Default Window condensation / sweats

avid_hiker wrote:
Have you spoken to your neighbors as of yet?

Not yet, but the good news is that the problem is gone. Here is what I
did.

I had my wife circulate the air by opening the back door for fresh air
and put the fan "on" instead of "auto". By the time I got back from
work, I had to clean up the water but I haven't seen the problem again
for last few days. I also got two hygrometers, one analog and one
digital, and they had ranged between 35% to 42% at given moment. Even
with the wide range I think I was still at near "dry" condition.

I believe the main problem was the rapid drop in temperature in
addition to new construction in first winter. I took the reading in
bathroom when I took a shower and it was at 53% (highest). I ran the
bathroom fan for about 30 minutes and it went down to 33%. I think I'm
gonna use the fan during shower during winter.

Thanks guys.