Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how to protect pipes if no heat?

wrote in message
ps.com...

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

I'd be happy to look at any credible references that support your
position that all you have to do is open faucets and shut off the main
water valve.

Next time I'm without heat for a few days, you can stop by and watch the
pipes not burst.

Being without heat for a few days and having no pipes freeze doesn't
prove anything. It can take a couple of days for a house to lose heat
to begin with. That's very different from a house that's without heat
for a week when it's 15 degrees outside.

Read slowly:

20 (TWENTY) degrees Fahrenheit

Inside the house

Duration: 4 days.

I'm sorry you were forced at gunpoint to empty the dishwasher this morning.