Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Irwin Miter Saw Laser Guide

Robert Allison wrote:

That has been my experience exactly. The lasers are not as accurate as
I have to be. I can get alot better results with my eye. And a very
fine pencil mark.

A pair of really fine lasers would be nice...but probably pretty
expensive as the tolerences would be much finer.

Have you ever noticed that in bright light such as on a sunny day, the
bright light creates shadows so dark that you have to orient your work
to always have the mark in the sun? Maybe it is just my old eyes, but...

I think that chop saws should have a light mounted next to the blade for
exactly this purpose. Like the cordless drills with white LEDs on the
front.

Hm....now I've given myself an idea.

Chris