Posted to misc.consumers.house
The Reverend Natural Light The Reverend Natural Light is offline

Default How soon should I begin the contract process?

You can specify whatever closing date you want. Talk to the seller's
agent. This time of year, a good contract from a reliable buyer would
be desireable even if it pushes the closing out that far. Depends on
the market, of course.

The only issue I can think of is there is no way you could get a rate
lock for that long. Seller might want a preapproval at a higher rate
if they think the rates will increase by then.

Either way, 1 month is about as quick as you can get everything done, 2
months is still normal from start to finish, so 3 months isn't that far
from norm.

-rev

wrote:
Greetings. Our current rental agreement is up in early March. We've
found a home that we love. Is now too soon to begin the purchase
process? What's the typical time frame between pre-approval/contract,
and moving in?

Thanks in advance!