Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Battery charger shorts out?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Bill wrote:
That's the trouble with dealing with toy shops manned by kids.

You expect a Maplin shop assistant to be an expert on every product sold
by them?

Not in the slightest, but I would expect them to know that for you to
prove a cable was unsuitable for the purpose that you bought it for that
you had to remove it from the packaging. I have seen a number of items
like this in Maplins in taped or stapled packets so presumably some of
their stores will accept them back.
The only Maplins that I had any confidence in was in Milton Keynes where
one member of staff, Marian, seemed to have a good working knowledge of
most of their range and if not knew who or where to ask. Unfortunately
she seems to have left.

--
Bill