Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default Domestic steam cleaners ? Are they any good ?

In article s.com,
Wibble wrote:
SWMBO is cleaning the oven and I suggested the job would
be easier if she had a hand held steam cleaner. SWMBO
says that she's heard they are rubbish but I've heard the opposite.

Does anyone in here own one and is it any good ? Does it
do what they are supposed to do i.e. remove stubborn grime ?

I borrowed one from my dad that he got from Lidl/Aldi/similar a couple of
years ago. It's badged Lavor and appears identical in every spec except
colour to http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/ste...lversteam.html

I used it to clean the gross congealed grease out of the cooker hood and
it also did wonders on the white grout in the tiles on the hob splashback.
I'd forgotten how white the grout used to be.

I was very impressed. He did have a cheaper one before but that was apparantly
rubbish - the 4 bar pressure appears to be the key.

I notice on that site I linked to (no connection, just first hit on google)
that they list it at 175 quid! Dad paid under 50 quid from Lidl etc. Be
worth keeping an eye out for them doing them again.

He also claims it is pretty good at cleaning carpets - not tried that myself.

Darren