Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default I've had an idea. I'm a bit clueless

"Alf" wrote in message

I have to ask why you are even attending a university - how did you get
there. At 19 if you can't do things for yourself already then there is no
hope if you're realistic about it. Is this post for one of your
psychology studies? Post a stupid question, see who responds and then
analyse the results? Seen it all before, they all appear at the same time
each year together with the "help me to design" requests.

Stop being such a tedious miseryguts.

He's made the first critical step, which is admitting he doesn't know and
needs to ask somebody.

For the OP : get hold of a copy of a decent DIY book - IIRC the Collins one
is quite good. A library may well have one.

clive