Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery charger mains socket

In article . com,
Paul wrote:
Don't buy anything from Maplins. My broadband started to go slow and my
ISP said I needed a new filter. Maplins said I needed new cable. I
bought new cable but the broadband speeded up again - must have been
BT. So I took the cable back. But because it had been machine packed
there is no way I would return it "in the same condition". The cable
WAS "in the same condition". But the idiots said the packing had to be
the same -- impossible!

If they want to get things back "correctly" they should use packing it
is possible to pack.

And then risk tealeafs removing some of the contents while on display?
Like happens in B&Q etc all the time? Much as I dislike that rigid bubble
packaging it stops things like that at the expense of not being possible
to re-pack easily.

Every other company I've taken anything back to, in living memory has
accepted it back with full refund.

It's only a privilege unless the goods are faulty. And one that seems much
abused.

--
*I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.