Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great Tom The Great is offline

Default vinegar dissolves water deposits??

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 00:30:20 -0500, mm
wrote:

IIRC vinegar dissolves water deposits. Is that right?
And is wine vinegar as good as white vinegar? Apparently I used the
bottle of white stuff.**

My humidifier that goes into the heating duct wasn't working, and all
that seems wrong is that the inlet screen is clogged. I couldn't get
the whole thing apart, so I have a little bigger part soaking in wine
vinegar! Is that as good as white vinegar?

**(I don't know how since I barely cook. Must have been to dissolve
something else.)

I don't have a induct humifier, but a warm mist one. Vinegar, works
to a certain level of minialization. If it's bad, you might want to
have a service contract with the same people who do yearly service on
your furnace.

good luck,

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com