Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Fluorescent tube Chokes

On Dec 3, 9:20 pm, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
"Bob Minchin" writes:

I have a number of chokes removed from working 5 foot fluorescent fittingsSo have I ;-) They are D rated.

I bought the fittings with the intention of installing electronic
ballasts into them.

Generally, it's illegal to sell old ones for use any more, as they will
fail to meet the required EU efficiency ratings.

I suspect this, like many EU regulations, only apply to selling in the
course of a business. Second hand private sales are outside the scope
of such legislation. It may also be Ok to sell them as spare parts if
no compliant alternative is available.

MBQ