Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bedding toilet pan with tile adhesive.

Paul Giverin wrote:
A friend of mine had his bathroom refurbed last year. He said that the
guy doing the job used tile adhesive to fix the toilet pan to the tiled
floor and that he didn't use screws at all.

I'm in the process of doing my bathroom and I've just laid the floor
with 10mm thick tiles. Because of the wooden floor, I used some BAL
fastflex adhesive and I'm thinking about using this to fix the pan to
the floor. I've done a test piece using a couple of bits of floor tile.
The adhesive seems to be really strong and I'd like to use it without
screws but I'd like some reassurance. Is it accepted practice to use fix
a toilet pan to a tiled floor in this way?

TIA,

It will work, but silicone is better.