Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default types of light sensor

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 04:45:49 -0000, Suz wrote:

All you have then to do is the press the button before going into the
bathroom. The light will come on immediately and remain on for as long
as there is someone in the bathroom.

You have understood the question perfectly Roger.

That sounds almost perfect. If I could replace the push button with
one that get flicked by the door opening.... I'm imagining a ceiling
mounted dangly thing that the door bumps when opened an inch... don't
know if this exists.

Or something like the three at the bottom of:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...Kitchen_Lighti
ng/Switches_Miniture/index.html

http://snipurl.com/1402g

This does mean if the door is left open the light is on and if the person
in the bathroom doesn't keep moving the when the door is shut the light
will go off after the PIR timeout.

If you make the PIR timeout say 20 mins I doubt anyone could stay still
that long unless asleep in the bath. The lights going out may also be a
good indication that prehaps they have been in the bathroom long
enough... Looks like a hallway switch (push for preset time) and a PIR
with long timeout is your best bet, be aware that CFLs don't like short
cycles.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail