Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default vinegar dissolves water deposits??

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
mm spake thus:

IIRC vinegar dissolves water deposits. Is that right?
And is wine vinegar as good as white vinegar? Apparently I used the
bottle of white stuff.**

I live in Las Vegas. Here, the water is hard, and white scaly stuff gets
all over the handles and spouts. Soaking in white vinegar is a good way to
dissolve that stuff without taking off the finish. It is also good for
those little screens and most plumbing parts that have a white accumulation.

I also take the shower heads off and soak them for overnight, rinse a couple
of times, then do it again. It dissolves that white crud that forms on the
inside of the plastic sprayers that you can't clean out any other way.

Steve