Posted to sci.electronics.repair
toranaboy14 toranaboy14 is offline

Default DVX 51cm tv issues.

Just got this in yesterday (dont have the model number on hand as I am
away from it at the moment.) Its about a year old, flat crt and yes
basically chinese junk. However it fits perfectly in the hole in the
wall at home.

Problem: When you turn it on, a thick white raster in the middle of the
screen flashes on and off at about 2 times per second nothing else is
on screen, can hear eht come in and out with the flashing. After a few
minutes the raster will litterally grow as you watch it and start
flashing faster.

After 6-7 minutes it will come straight on like normal except the
picture at the bottom is scrunched up 1/3 of the screen and will
gradually grow down until a full normal picture is displayed.

Once running it will run flawlessly.

Now I do more work on dvd players and audio equpment and rarely look at
a television's, I got this with a whole lot of gear yesterday for $20,
no surprise it wont work perfectly but when its warmed up the picture
is damn good.

When I get home I will try heating the powersupply/hv section with a
hairdryer. Already gone over it for bulgy caps and cold solder but came
up without much writing home about.

Has anyone got some tips that I should try on here?

Joe.