Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Installing qtr round on a semi-circle?

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:28:54 -0600, "Dukester"
wrote:

After putting down hardwood floors recently, I'm covering the edges with a
red oak quarter round. One area has a 14' half circle - it's a bow window
area. What is the best way to install the quarter round in this area? The
pieces are 8' long and 5/8" thick. I doubt the pieces would make the bend
in 8' and 6' pieces without cracking. Should I use smaller pieces, kerf
the back, soak the pieces in water around a mold? Not sure how to do
this...

Are you using real 1/4 round or the more common base shoe?
If base shoe, it's only 1/2" thick and I would think could make the
bend. I've received some from the lumber yard that was already bent
that much. :-) Otherwise I think Luef has the simple solution.

Mike O.