Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default Kreg Pocket Hole Jig Recommendation

Ok.. I don't know which kits you are talking about.. But I think the
best one is this:
http://www.kregtool.com/products/pht...?PRODUCT_ID=66
The "pocket jig" is kind of a PITA to use. The jig shown lets you put
your face frame pieces in vertically and go, no fuss, and very fast.

Mike wrote:
Hi everybody, I'm looking for a recommendation on a good starting
pocket hole jig kit. I've looked up the different models that Kreg
offers, but I'm not sure how much I'd need to get started.

The smallest kit (for around $50) looks pretty bare - is there enough
here to start off with, and is it upgradeable?

The next size kit (around $80) looks like it's got everything you'd
need to get started - any reason why this would not be a good place to
start?

The master kit gets pretty pricey - is it really worth spending that
much?

Any opinions/thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike