Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Progress on Captain's Bed

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 14:32:51 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
.. .

It's been a while since my last update on this project. I just finished
and installed the footboard today. Updated web page, scroll to the bottom
for latest pictures:

http://mklange.cnc.net/CaptainsBed.html

Very nice and I like your choice of hardware.
A couple of questions though. Where does the alarm clock set? I am
thinking about doing the same type set up for our bed and realize that
drawers near the head of the bead pretty much eliminate the possibility of
night stands on either side. Will the head board have hidden storage?

Thanks for your comments. I went through a large number of hardware
candidates and wound up ordering samples of a number of the most promising
ones; you can't beat being able to fondle and view the merchandise. In the
end, our son (10 years old) also had some input into the decision; we
reserved veto power, but his choice was pleasing to all of us.

It's not easy to see on the CAD drawing, but the headboard will have two
shelves. One will be at pillow-level, the second is 1/2 above that. The
depth will not be excessive (about 4 inches), but deep enough to hold a box
of Kleenex, a phone, and/or an alarm clock.